Learn to build "tiny houses" in the Lane community. These small (8' X 12') single person dwellings provide sustainable shelter to those in the community needing adequate housing, or serve as a compact, inexpensive home addition for existing properties. Class includes model building as well as hands-on construction. Tailored to those with little or no building experience. Instructor is experienced in building tiny houses locally.
Required materials to purchase prior to class:
- 10, 1/4 inch square bass wood,
- 10, 1/8 inch square bass wood,
- 1, one foot long pieces of bass wood,
- one large sheet of foam core,
- a bottle of tacky glue,
- an exacto knife,
- a cutting board,
- a 12" ruler,
- a tiny saw,
- pencils and paper (graph paper is good in addition to plain)
- an eraser.